Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Pareshnath Jain Temple - I

Some days before we (Myself, Amit & Satya) visited to Pareshnath Jain Temple. This temple is situated in the north-east of the city Kolkata. Its 5 mins. walking distance from Khanna theater. On a very cloudy evening, we reached to this temple by almost 4.3o.. and we left @ around 6 from there. For me it was a wonderful Saturday evening as I enjoyed a lot. I have taken some pics over there too, which I wish to share with you. Hope you will also appreciate beauty of this 'white marble built yet colorful' temple.

This temple sprawling over acres - with garden, verandahs, murti, beautiful terrace, courtyard and pond, dedicated to preserving Jain faith and culture

I don't know much history about this temple. What I know is, this is really a beautiful temple.

Flowers form gardens of the Pareshnath Temple .

There are four temples here. The main temple is dedicated to the 10th Jain Avtaar (incarnation of God) Sri Sital Nath Ji. The gateway of the temple is a pleasant spectacle to behold. This next photo is entrance of main tample.

Garden of Pareshnath Jain Temple.. ppl come and sits here on all green grass.

Full view of Temple.

As I said there are one mail temple surrounded with four sub-temples. This is one of the four sub-temples. This temple name is "Dadaji Ka Mandir"

This is also a sub-temple, but I forgot this temple name :)

In garden there are lots of Marble-Murtis (statues)

I suppose this is temple library.. not sure.

2 Comments:

At 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeh achhi baat nahin hai Piyush...Tune mujhe dhoka diya...mera photos kidhar hai????????Particularly with that Angel....

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It is "Parshwanath" Jain Temple. Please correct it...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home