Friday, August 17, 2007

Sculpture and flowers

Few days back on 11th of Aug. we visited to a place called Chiemsee. It is on way of Salzburg-Austria. It was raining all day and didn't allow me to take out my camera every where. So I have very few pictures of this beautiful place. Also the cloudy weather is not very good for photography.
Chiemsee, one hour from Munich by train, famous for Royal Palace of King Ludwig II. Now this palace id turned as museum. Cameras are not allowed inside of Palace/Museum. The palace is situated in a small island. We went there by a steamer. (Its remind me Kolkata's launch ghat.. he he he). Here I am trying to give some brief about this palace. If you find boring then you may ignore... :)
Since it was opened on 1st Aug. 1886 this unfinished royal palace of has attracted and delighted countless visitors from all over the world.

Still today this majestic palace building wit its sumptuous apartments and halls and the palace park with its famous water feature are the main attractions on the island. There were two fountains are placed in the palace garden named as 'Fama' (north one) and 'Fortura' fountain (south one)
King Ludwig II of Bavaria was build 3 palace in his life and this is the 3rd one. This unfinished palace is the last and most costly palace out of his all 3 palace.
When I saw inside decorum, I felt it is same as Maysor Palace :). Inside the palace there was one curtain which is hand made and took 1 year to make that for 65 womans. AMAZING..
The Garden is also remain unfinished. The guide told me that, between 1868-1873 the arcgitect drew uo thirteen different plans for this building and garden. The Garden's sculptures are made by bronze and **** mettle. I don't remember whats **** means :)
The King wanted a main facade with 25 window axes and side facade with 18 window axes each, plus side wings. When the King died only a skeleton frame had been erected for some part of these wings, while work on other part had only just got under way. In 1907 these half-build structure were removed.

I found some beautiful flower in the garden and wish to share with you. Hope u'll like it... :)
Please don't asked me about flower name. I am very bad in gardening. I still remember once I said to my best friend -- I am very good in gardening and I used to do gardening long back. and after that she make so much of fun of me and my gardening skills, now I'll never say again that I know bit of gardening. he he he :)
Some flowers again.
flowers :)

Sorry same flower different angle.

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

those statues i must say are real art....God i don't know what those artists had paid while creating the statues.........may be years of their lives...

And even u have captured them very well.It is gud to sit here and see the world through your blog.......atleast we get a chance.

and you know i love flowers .....so agn done a good job

 
At 11:14 AM , Blogger Divyavesh said...

abe tu sudhrega nahin saala jaisi bhi ladki ho photu gheechna jaroori hai, saale india main ajanta ellora nahin gaya tha kya aisi bahut si mil jaatin:)

 
At 9:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Piyush apke hathon se kiche huye photos to as usual unique aur master piece hain :)
Waise sach bataiye ye phool ka naam kya hain :)
Aur statues were really mind blowing----itne bariki se kicha hain apne ki they are appearing as realistic.
Keep on clicking more pics so that we can enjoy the beauty of the outside world from our boring machines----kab jayenge bahar yeh sab dekhne :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home